Wednesday 13 July 2011

Unexpected Influences for Landscape Details

A co-worker pointed out to me recently the interesting similarity in the Landscape Forms product 'Show' in their Metro Line with the iPhone.  Take a look.


I can't say if the iPhone did influence that line of products for Landscape forms, but it is an interesting comparison, and something I hadn't thought of before.  A small digital smartphone influencing large common objects in the landscape.  Looking at it now, it makes sense.  Smart phones are becoming the single most used object in a person's life.  If we are used to and comfortable with a form, than we will be comfortable when we see a similar form in the world around us.  And I bet it won't be long until that subway or transit map is interactive becoming essentially a very large smartphone with one app, Maps. 

I'm keeping my eyes wide open for patterns in design influence from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment